PDO Threads: DOS And DON’TS After Procedure
What should you DO and DON’T DO after your PDO Threads?
You have done PDO threads lift on eyes, cheeks, jawline, or a full face Or, maybe you want to have it done and want to know how the post-procedure would be.
It is always worth reinforcing that patients may instantly notice PDO Threads Lift before and after results following their procedure. However, complete results and improvements to skin firmness, volume, and rejuvenation can be seen approximately within 1 to 2 months post-procedure. However, to see full results it can take up to 6 months.
There is no downtime and no general anesthetic risks. The specialized needles allow small areas to be tackled effectively. As there are no incisions, stitches are not required and scarring is unlikely.
The recovery period for PDO Threads lift is approximately two weeks, but no downtime. Most of the restrictions and limitations will apply during the first 24 to 72 hours immediately following treatment. Unlike facelift surgery which uses general anesthesia, thread lift uses local anesthesia where numbing ends in a short time. Therefore, you can resume your routine like going to work or school immediately.
- Do know that it is common to feel some temporary soreness or face swelling, and it will diminish within a week or two
- Do manage any pain or discomfort by taking Ibuprofen if required.
- Do sleep on your back. Sleeping on your back is also a natural anti-aging practice as it keeps your facial skin pulled tight.
- Do keep the face clean as it is essential to avoid complications like inflammation.
- Do eat well and keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Your body’s healing mechanism relies on a good diet., so eat well. You also need a good meal and water to keep your skin and body healthy.
- Do moisturize. Even though the threads lift stimulates the production of collagen for a year or so, you need to take proper care of your skin for lasting beauty. Moisturizing is among the best ways to keep your skin glowing and youthful. Use high-quality moisturizers to protect your skin’s moisture barrier and take enough water to keep the skin hydrated. We recommend medical-grade skincare products like SkinCeuticals or ZO Skin Health.
- Do not lay down either on your stomach or sides for 4 hours after the procedure to decrease the possibility of the movements of threads
- Do not smoke or consume alcoholic beverages for 1-2 weeks. Smoking and drinking will slow down the healing process.
- Do not apply skincare products/makeup for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Do not exercise for 2 weeks. This includes all intense workouts. Walking is permitted.
- Do not put makeup over the entry point for one to two weeks.
- When washing the face after 24 hours, gently wash the required area with a cleanser and water, but do not rub or massage for 2 weeks.
- Do not take extreme temperatures like a hot shower, hot tub, sauna, or excessive sun exposure for one week.
- Do not over overstretch the treated area (i.e., open the mouth wide, aggressively or long chewing) for 4 weeks. Avoid dental treatment during this time if possible.
- Do not take anticoagulants for 7 days. If you are taking prescribed anticoagulants such as aspirin must continue to do so but must be aware that bruising is more likely to happen.
- Do not have any other aesthetic procedures, such as BOTOX and fillers, for 7 days.
- Do not have radiofrequency, IPL, Laser, or other heat treatment near the treated area for 10 weeks.
Following these instructions, the process will be more comfortable, and fast and provide minimum recovery time. However, each patient can have a different recovery journey. Proper “pre” and “post” care is essential to achieving optimal results from your Thread lift Treatment. If there are any outstanding questions please do not hesitate to call us. We want to ensure all of your questions are thoroughly answered.
RSVP Beauty Clinic 604-971-0855 email@example.com